• Congratulations to Madelynn Klein-Courville, granddaughter of former Mayor Mary Ann Courville, who won the Spelling Bee at and is now headed to the Solano County level which will be at the end of this month.
The Solano County Spelling Bee Championship will be held at the Joseph Nelson Community Center, 611 Village Drive in Suisun City on Wednesday, March 30 beginning at 6 p.m. Good luck Madelynnn!
• Don’t forget Monday night, March 14, is the fundraiser dinner for the at . There are several entrees to choose from including Prime Rib, Tri-tip, and Fresh Salmon. Cost of dinner is $22 and includes a non-alcoholic beverage, tax, and gratuity plus it helps support the many activities that make downtown the cultural center of Dixon. There will also be a bunch of raffle prizes from the downtown merchants to be awarded.
• If you are planning to join dads, uncles, or friends on their next hunting trip, you might want to read on. The next ‘Hunter Safety Course’ is coming up this weekend at the , 250 West Mayes Street. Some of the numerous subjects covered include wildlife habitat, firearms safety, first aid and archery safety.
Class is Saturday, March 19, from 8 a.m. till 4 p.m. and lunch will be provided. Students will meet again on Sunday, March 20, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Instructors are John Kett and Steve Pryor. Cost of the course is $10. Reservations are required by calling (707) 678-9155.
• Wednesday, March 16, is ’s second annual Paper Drive during first period (approx. 8:30-9:30 a.m.). This is a contest between classes to see what class can bring in the most reams of paper. Parent Teacher Association is sponsoring the drive and volunteers will be on hand to help take paper from those driving by the front of the office. Whichever class brings in the most paper will win a huge pizza party, says Principal Ivan Chaidez.
• St. Patrick’s Day is this Wednesday, March 17—Wear Green!!