The Morning View film studio project would be a massive local project to be constructed in a fairly short period of time: The price tag on the studio is $2.8 billion, according to Morning View CEO Carissa Carpenter, and the goal is to finish around 2015.
$2.8 billion: It's easy to skim over that number without letting it really sink in, so we decided to lay out some side-by-side comparisons that might help you wrap your mind around the size. (Read more on Morning View here).
Click the image on the right to launch the slideshow >>
$2.8 billion equals...
3.3 Trump Tower in Chicago - $847 million
- 92-story skyscraper in the heart of Chicago. It features retail, parking, condos, hotel, fine dining and more.
46 Mondavi Centers - $60.9 million
- Upscale concert hall at UC Davis. Opened in 2002.
7.2 New Sacramento Kings Arenas (Railyard proposal) - $387 million project
- Keeping the Kings in Sacramento would require the construction of a new state-of-the-art sports complex downtown. The railyards proposal is $387 million and another in the Downtown Plaza is estimated at $400 million.
43.7 Pixar Studios in Emeryville - $64 million
- The studio build-out is on a 21-acre campus in Emeryville. Pixar is best known for CGI-animated feature films like Toy Story, Finding Nemo and Wall-E.
2.4 Dallas Cowboys Stadiums - $1.15 billion
- The stadium is the largest domed stadium in the world, and it has the world's largest column-free interior and the fourth largest high definition video screen.
1.12 Curiosity Mars Rovers - $2.5 billion
- NASA's next-generation rover is the most expensive mission yet to Mars.
Like Dixon Patch on Facebook and share your thoughts below.