The three Bay Area residents killed by mass murder suspect Elliot Rodger, 22, have been identified as 20-year-old Weihan Wang, of Fremont, 20-year-old Cheng Yuan Hong and 19-year-old George Chen, both of San Jose, according to a statement released today bySanta Barbara County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kelly Hoover.
[Previous: Suspected Santa Barbara Shooter Posted Many Videos Lamenting His Loneliness.]
The three Bay Area victims were UC Santa Barbara students and were found deceased with multiple stab wounds in Rodger's apartment.
Hong and Chen are listed on the lease as tenants, along with Rodger, for the apartment, which is located in the 6500 block of Seville Road in Isla Vista, according to Hoover.
Sheriff's investigators are determining whether Wang was their roommate as well or simply visiting the residence.
[Previous: Chilling Videos Offer Clues on Motive Behind Santa Barbara Mass Shooting.]
Sheriff's investigators said that they believe Rodger killed these three victims before going on a shooting rampage in Isla Vista around 9:27 p.m. on Friday.
A statement released by the sheriff's office read: "In all, six innocent people were killed and 13 others were wounded."
Deputies said Rodger died in the incident as well, possibly from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
--Bay City News
See more Patch coverage:
- Elliot Rodger's Retribution Video in Full: 'I Will Slaughter ... All of Those Girls I Desired So Much'
- UCSB Shooter Is From Woodland Hills, at Woodland Hills Patch
- Isla Vista: A Crime Scene on Repeat
- First Isla Vista Victim ID'd as Westlake Village Resident
- Isla Vista Mass Murderer Says He Was Bullied at Valley Schools
- Isla Vista Shooter Sought 'Retribution' for Women who Shunned Him.