Beginning this Sunday, August 26, Dollar Tree stores nationwide will begin accepting manufacturer coupons.
Everything at the Dollar Tree is $1 or less already.
"If you have a coupon for 50 cents off, or even more than $1 off, you could be getting items for free," store associate Ruby explained. "I'm excited to see how much money people will be saving."
Dixon's brand new Dollar Tree is located at 1700 North First Street and Davis has one at . They're both stocked with thousands of everyday items including groceries, soaps, school supplies, party supplies, hygiene products, and more.
The Dixon store manager, whose name is Debbie, has worked for Dollar Tree for 6 years.
"We are really excited about the new coupon policy," she said. "Our store has been open for more than a month and people have been slow to realize we are here. We hope it will bring in a wave of new customers."
Dollar Tree has performed well in the recession, according to Bloomberg: "Net sales increased 10.5 percent to $1.7 billion from $1.54 billion a year ago. Sales at stores open at least one year increased 4.5 percent, a key measurement of a retailer's health."
Although a quick Facebook poll told me a favorite item at the Dollar Tree was wrapping paper and party supplies, I was pleasantly surprised to find 14-ounce frozen chicken thighs and drumsticks, 18-ounce bags of frozen vegetables, half-dozen eggs, Halloween decorations, large birthday balloons, and a huge variety of everyday items and school supplies all for $1 or less.
"Dollar Tree's coupon policy will be posted in all stores on Sunday morning, and employees have been trained on how to accept them," said Vice President of Investor Relations Timothy Reid.
Note: They will not accept coupons from other retailers; just coupons issued by the manufacturer. The coupon guidelines are below.
Will you be redeeming coupons at the Dollar Tree starting Sunday?
- FACEBOOK: Davis Patch | Dixon Patch
- TWITTER: Davis Patch | Dixon Patch
- NEWSLETTER: Davis Patch | Dixon Patch
Guidelines and Limitations
- Only original and intact manufacturers’ coupons will be accepted. Retailer-specific coupons will not be accepted.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, or if they have been altered in any way.
- Only two (2) print-at-home Internet coupons may be redeemed per transaction.
- We are unable to accept coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements or where the amount for the product is blank.
- Coupons can only be used in stores and must be presented at time of purchase. Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time.
- Coupons will not be accepted without the purchase of the item specified and are subject to the terms listed (e.g. expiration date, size, limitations, quantity, etc.).
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for more than the purchase price of the item.
- Only one (1) manufacturer’s coupon will be accepted per item.
- Management has the right to refuse any coupon or otherwise limit quantities.