The winner of this year's Miss Solano Pageant plans to use her new position to help spread awareness about a disease she has been fighting for several years.
Angela Laird, 20, who currently attends Sonoma State, contracted Lyme disease as a teenager, along with her cousin.
"Though both are better now, she continues to help spread the word about how people can protect themselves from ticks and the diseases they can carry," according to LymeDisease.org. "The next step in her pageant career is the Miss California contest, which will be held in Fresno in June."
Here's more information about Angela:
- Age: 20
- Talent: Vocal/”Part of Your World”
- Platform: Get Ticked Off at Lyme Disease!
- Education: Sonoma State University
- Scholastic/Career Ambition: To receive a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Studio Arts.
- Interesting Facts: Phi Sigma Sigma Fraternity Founding Sister; Community Services Advisor; Dean’s List; Attends Academic Banquet for those with over a 3.5 GPA every year; One of 20 accepted into Business and Economics Mentor Program Spring 2013; Voted Senior Sweetheart by my Senior Class.